Capability Scotland is a leading provider of care, support and education across Scotland.
We are recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our team who can both lead and support Service Managers in their delivery of excellent, effective services which meet the needs and expectations of the people we support. During this most challenging of times and in a fast changing environment the postholder will be key to ensuring services adapt and respond to the changes in the external environment.
This role will support a diverse range of care and support services across central Scotland including community living, supported living, residential and day services for both children and adults. The post also has a strong emphasis on development, including both new business and the modernisation and development of existing services.
This role includes;
- Service Review and Development
- Investigation and Resolution of Complex Issues
- Financial Review and management
- Staff Management
- Strategy and Business Development
These factors make this post both uniquely challenging and rewarding. If you think you have the skills, coupled with demonstrable experience of Operations Management within the Care sector, you could be the leader we are looking for.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Support and develop the delivery of best practice and maintain and develop economically viable services which fully meet statutory and corporate requirements.
Develop relationships with all stakeholders, including our customers, their families and carers and others, including local authorities, other funders, Care Inspectorate and SSSC.
Develop implement and deliver new services, including exploring new opportunities and developing the business case for these.
Experience/qualifications/key skills required:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role and environment is key as is a sound understanding of, and the ability to further develop, best practice in the delivery of care and support services along
- Considerable experience of delivering results through visible and credible leadership and management within a Social Care environment.
- Strong business acumen and brilliant commercial and financial awareness
- Experience in leading business development and contract management is desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. A relevant professional qualification is highly desirable.
- A full driving licence is desirable due to the nature of the role. Capability Scotland is willing to consider alternative arrangements that achieve the same outcomes for those candidates that have a disability which prevents them from having a driving licence.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Excellent annual leave of 37 days per year
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings. A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Operations Manager
For more information on this role, you can call Bob on 07921 106450 using reference CS210201.
Interviews will be taking place on Thursday 18th Febuary and Friday 19th Feburary.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and as such undertakes to conduct thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available on the Intranet or upon request from the HR Department. Capability Scotland, Scottish Charity SC011330.