Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
Lanarkshire Houses is a registered care home split across two geographical areas of South Lanarkshire, Lanark & Carluke, and we are looking to hire Support Workers who share our values and will support our customers with day to day activities to achieve their outcomes.
Working for us no two days will be the same as you work with various customers supporting them to access what they enjoy.
During your shift you might be at the local day centre, going to the cinema, creating works of art or enjoying a picnic all the while keeping our customers safe and cared for. If you are passionate about assisting others to live full and happy lives, we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person. We encourage individuals to find a path for their dreams and aspirations, whether you live with us as a customer or work with us as a team member.
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing:
- High standards of support to our customers
- A creative and caring approach
- Opportunities to build strong relationships with our customers, their families and other supporting professionals
- Encouragement and support to live as independently as possible
- Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
While experience is great, we are really looking for people with the right values. You should have excellent communication skills and be flexible and empathetic. A driver's license and a car are advantageous so please let us know if you have these.
For this role we have full-time and part-time positions.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- £9.66 per hour
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You can request any alternative formats of our application form by contacting email@example.com (such as large print or braille). You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Support Worker (Res Resp)
For more information on this role, you can call Jacqueline on 01555 773129 using reference CS210205.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.