Speech & Language Therapist
If you’re looking for the next step on your career in healthcare, you’ve just discovered it.
At Upper Springland we provide long-term and permanent residential care and support for people with a range of disabilities. We help people lead their lives to the full, providing for any needs they may have and to provide meaningful and exciting community interaction within Perth and the surrounding areas.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Speech & Language Therapist to work as part of Allied Health service within Upper Springland. You will be required to provide an effective speech and language therapy service to enable and support adults who have complex needs. You will support and enable them to have control, choice and equality in daily life to the benefit of their health and wellbeing.
You will provide specialist advice, supervision and clinical support to more junior therapists, and care staff.
You will ideally have a degree/diploma in Speech & Language Therapy and be HCPC registered. You will have clinical expertise which reflects evidence based practice in the specialist field of multiple and complex needs. The ability to manage and prioritise your own work load is essential as are well developed organisational and communication skills. You will have experience of good interdisciplinary working with a holistic outlook and delivering an effective customer focused service. Dysphagia and Alternative & Augmentative Communication (AAC) experience is essential.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Speech and Language Therapist (Perth)
For more information on this role, you can call Bob on 07921106450 using reference CS210210.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.