Are your tried and tested skills in education ready for their next challenge? Here it is.
Capability Scotland is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Head Teacher to lead Corseford School following the retiral of the current post holder. Corseford is a small grant-aided special school in Johnstone which provides education supported by an experienced team of on-site allied health professionals. The learners at Corseford School have a range of complex additional support needs and require a highly differentiated curriculum to access learning. They benefit from excellent facilities on a large rural site including hydro and rebound therapy.
At Corseford School, we believe that every individual should be celebrated for their uniqueness and their achievements. We work together and learn together so that every child or young person succeeds in life.
The Head Teacher will work alongside our Head of Care and Health and the Head Teacher from Stanmore House School. This is an exciting senior leadership opportunity within Capability Scotland as we aim to extend the educational support we provide to children and young people in Scotland.
Holding the Standard for Headship (‘Into Headship’) became a prerequisite for teachers taking up their first permanent Head Teacher post at Local Authority and grant-aided schools in Scotland from 1 August 2020, under Section 28 of the Education (Scotland) Act 2016.
There are two exemptions. The first applies to any permanent Head Teacher who has been appointed to a position in a school on, or prior to, 1 August 2020. The second exemption enables education authorities or the managers of grant-aided schools to appoint a person to a Head Teacher post, who has not attained the Standard for Headship, on a temporary basis for a period not exceeding 30 months after 1 August 2020. It would be expected that the successful candidate attained the Standard for Headship in this time.
Please note as a Head Teacher you will be eligible to join the SPPA pension scheme.
How to Apply
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
Applicants should submit a CV detailing their skills and experience in Education. A covering letter should also be submitted which responds to the following statements:
- How you have used your own professional learning to lead improvements in the learning experiences of children and young people.
- How you have improved the successes and achievements of learners through self-evaluation.
- How you have developed and sustained meaningful partnerships which had a demonstrable positive impact on learners.
The covering letter should be no more than 1400 words.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings. A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Head Teacher
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the post further, please contact Euan Alexander, Director of Children’s Services at Euan.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CS210416.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.