No experience? No problem. If you’re interested in working in social care and making a real difference to the lives of disabled people, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who is able to relate to a young female adult and participate and support in the usual activities of a teenager. Who can assist her with the likes of clothes shopping or just going to the Café for lunch or meeting up with friends. Abi uses a manual wheelchair and needs supported in getting out and about.
The most important aspect is promoting a young persons independence.
Working with Abi:
- £9.30 per hour
- Experience in supporting young people an advantage but not essential. Some personal care may be required but can be discussed at interview.
- Must be able to travel to/from Beattock.
- You would also have to be a good communicator, patient, friendly and able to be flexible.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory PVG check
Applying to work with Abi:
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 07395794168 using reference PA038AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.