We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to help care for John who is based in Borgue/ Kirkcudbright area. There are currently two positions available for this post.
John likes to be social, enjoying a good chuckle with his personal assistants and visitors (family and friends) during the day. He likes to chat about local history and places. He likes to talk to his friends and family on the phone. John also likes to listen to music, watch farming and wildlife programs and likes watching the birds from his window - so does his cat!
- John needs support with his mobility, medication, meal preparation, drinks and personal care.
- John currently uses a Zimmer frame and may need support when moving around.
- John needs to be prompted and encouraged throughout the day.
- Household tasks (laundry, cleaning, hoovering and polishing) are shared between the team as it is essential that the house is kept hygienically clean to reduce the risks of infection.
- His cat is to be allowed in and out of the house, be fed regularly and refresh litter tray when necessary.
- Driving License required.
- It is desirable that applicants have had previous experience in adult support services or care services, however, specific training can be sourced if the successful applicant has no previous experience in working in adult support services.
- It is important that the successful candidate/s are able to work as a team and communicate appropriate information to other PAs and his daughter. Handover notes should be provided in the Day Care Book at the end of each shift worked.
- Post is subject to a satisfactory PVG.
- Successful candidate must be willing to cover holidays and sickness also.
- Moving and Handling training and Dementia training is preferred but not essential as training can be provided for the successful candidate.
- Previous use of MAR chart when working with medication is preferred (training can be provided for the successful candidate).
Applying for this Role
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Rebecca on 07395794174 using reference RBJA0721.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.