Variety is the spice of life – want a career where no two days are the same?
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to help care for Georgie who lives in the Borgue area. Georgie has Down’s Syndrome, learning difficulties and a great sense of humour! We are looking for someone who will work with Georgie to develop her independence and communication.
She is sociable and outgoing and loves music, dancing, games, animated films, baking, art and craft. Georgie would enjoy the company of someone who would initiate and join in these activities with her with enthusiasm, energy and a sense of fun.
- Clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
- It is desirable (but not essential) that applicants have had previous experience working with young people with special needs.
- It is desirable that the applicants are willing to use (or learn to use) singalong sign language
- It is important that the successful candidate is able to feed back information to Georgie’s parents.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG.
Applying for this Role
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Rebecca on 07395794174 using reference RBGB1021.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.