Community Living Assistant - North Lanarkshire Services
Can you help us with our ongoing mission?
At Capability Scotland, our mission is to deliver the highest quality services, tailored to the individual needs of disabled people. We work in partnership to create innovative solutions which enable our people to achieve their goals. We put our customers and learners at the heart of everything we do and will make sure their voices are heard loud and clear.
We love what we do here and are looking to recruit Community Living Assistant for our North Lanarkshire services.
The role – Community Living Assistant
We support adults with a variety of complex disabilities, who receive 24-hour care in their own homes and community. You will be assisting the people we support with either one-to-one or two-to-one care; your day will include helping them with their personal care, dressing, medication, communication, mealtimes and participating in their chosen activities for that day.
You will assist with their daily living routines, care needs and facilitating their attendance at college, appointments, recreational activities and social events. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a skill or passion to share such as baking, music or photography – if you love it, this will shine through to the people you support, giving them a taste of new experiences whilst learning new skills.
This video explains all – make yourself a cuppa and take a few minutes to see what we are all about Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - YouTube
What you need to know
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week. We can offer a variety of hours/shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Location: Our customers are based in Wishaw & Shotts (ML2 7 XD)/ Hamilton (ML3 0EX) / Motherwell & Bellshill (ML1 1BN) /Coatbridge & Airdrie (ML5 3EG).
Job Description: Community Living Assistant
Don’t let concerns over experience or availability hold you back. We have several growing services across Scotland and are happy to consider any availability – apply now and see if we can work with yours!
We are looking for drivers (with access to a vehicle) due to the location of our customers and their support needs. If you do need to go out and about with our customer, for that dinner or cinema trip, your costs are covered.
Capability Scotland’s benefits:
- A generous salary of £22,164 - £22,734 FTE / £10.90ph - £11.18ph (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- Where nightshifts are available, we offer a generous rate of - £11.45 - £11.74 (dependent on qualifications and length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £11.18 per hour for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer a fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 and 6 weeks rolling or monthly rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days' holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued, and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to apply to work with us.