Community Living Assistant
We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
Our North Lanarkshire services are growing every day; these rewarding job opportunities offer lots of satisfaction and security in these worrying times.
The Role: Community Living Assistant
We support adults with a variety of complex disabilities, who receive 24-hour care in their own homes and community. You will be assisting the people we support with either one-to-one or two-to-one care; your day will include helping them with their personal care, dressing, medication, communication, mealtimes and participating in their chosen activities for that day.
You will assist with their daily living routines, care needs and facilitating their attendance at college, appointments, recreational activities and social events. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a skill or passion to share such as baking, music or photography – if you love it, this will shine through to the people you support, giving them a taste of new experiences whilst learning new skills.
This video explains it all – make yourself a cuppa and take a few minutes to see what we are all about:
Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives
What You Need to Know
We have full-time, part-time and relief vacancies working within the homes of the people we support (and wider communities) in the following areas:
- Wishaw & Shotts (ML2 7 XD)
- Hamilton (ML3 0EX)
- Motherwell & Bellshill (ML1 1BN)
- Coatbridge & Airdrie (ML5 3EG)
We can offer a variety of hours/shifts, including evenings and weekends. We are happy to consider any availability.
Don’t let concerns over experience or availability hold you back.
We are looking for drivers (with access to a vehicle) due to the location of the people we support and their support needs. If you do need to go out and about with our customer for that dinner and cinema trip, costs are covered at no expense to you!
If successful, you will register with the SSSC and will be supported by us to complete your SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
Capability Scotland’s Benefits:
- A generous salary of £21,473 - £22,022 FTE / £10.56 per hour - £10.83 per hour (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- A generous night shift rate of - £11.08 - £11.37 (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £10.83 per hour for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 and 6-week rolling rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is a disability-confident & equal opportunities employer. Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification or job requirement. At Capability Scotland we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification/requirement in the job description/advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Community Living Assistant
How to apply
To apply for this position, simply upload your covering letter and CV below. Please supply these as either a PDF or Word doc.