Support Worker - Lanarkshire Houses
Can you help us with our ongoing mission?
At Capability Scotland, our mission is to deliver the highest quality services, tailored to the individual needs of disabled people. We work in partnership to create innovative solutions which enable our people to achieve their goals. We put our customers and learners at the heart of everything we do and will make sure their voices are heard loud and clear.
We love what we do here and are looking to recruit Support Workers for our Lanarkshire Houses service based in Lanark & Carluke.
The role – Support Worker
We support people with a variety of complex disabilities to live independently in our unique care home setting, where our adult customers live in their own spaces, either alone or with flatmates. It really feels like their own homes.
You will be assisting our customers with their 24 hour care needs on either one-to-one or two-to-one support; your day will include helping them with their personal care, dressing, medication, communication, mobility, mealtimes and participating in their chosen activities for that day. Activities range from supporting our customers on social outings with family, to shopping or cinema trips. All community activities are based on our customers interests.
This video explains it all – make yourself a cuppa and take a few minutes to see what we are all about Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - YouTube
What you need to know
Hours: 36 hours per week – 12/13 hour shifts – 8am-8pm/9pm – 3 shifts per week, alternate weekend working. Which offers excellent work life balance. (We can consider part time applications of 1 or 2 days per week)
Location: Windmill Gardens, Carluke, ML8 4EZ & Dovecot Lane, Lanark, ML11 7PX
Job Description: Support Worker (Res Resp)
Don't let concerns over experience or availability hold you back. We have several growing services across Scotland and are happy to consider any availability – apply now and see if we can work with yours!
Drivers preferred but not essential, whilst we welcome applications from drivers due to the rural location of our services, we can consider non drivers. If you do need to go out and about with our customer for that dinner and cinema trip, your costs are covered!
Capability Scotland’s benefits:
- A generous salary of £22,164 - £22,734 FTE / £10.90ph - £11.18ph (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- Where nightshifts are available, we offer a generous rate of - £11.45 - £11.74 (dependent on qualifications and length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £11.18 per hour for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer a fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 and 6 weeks rolling or monthly rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days’ holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued, and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to apply to work with us.