We’re obsessed with providing the best possible care and support to people with disabilities. Are you?
Across Fife, Capability Scotland supports customers at home and within shared accommodation to live their lives fully and achieve their outcomes. Our aim is to enable people to achieve the level of independence they are looking for and to lead fulfilling lives. We offer a range of support including practical, personal and emotional support to meet a variety of needs.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Support Worker to assist customers with tasks associated with day-to-day living. You will work as part of a team providing a safe, caring environment for customers with disabilities. This will include assisting the individual to access community-based activities and resources. You will need to provide personal care (including intimate care) and support customers with aspects of their general welfare.
The role will involve health-related practices including mealtime assistance and administration of medication as and when required. Full training will be provided. The role will also involve a degree of physical activity which includes pushing wheelchairs and providing physical support to our customers.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- A generous salary of £20,903.97 (£19,295.97 per annum)
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working is available
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Support Worker (Res Resp)
For more information on this role, you can call Jane on 01383 720613 using reference CS210902.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.