We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
Wallace Court is a residential and respite service in Elderslie, Johnstone, providing 24 hour support 7 days a week, to customers aged between 18 and 65 with physical and learning disabilities.
About the Role
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing:
- High standards of support to our customers
- A creative and caring approach
- Opportunities to build strong relationships with our customers, their families and other supporting professionals
- Encouragement and support to live as independently as possible
- Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital
- You should have excellent communication skills and be flexible and empathetic.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- A generous salary of £10.28 per hour
- Sleepovers paid at £9.50 per hour (industry-leading!)
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Support Worker (Res Resp)
For more information on this role, you can call Janice on 01505 331804 using reference CS210101.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.