Support Worker - Glasgow
Our Junction 52, Glasgow service is growing every day; these rewarding job opportunities offer lots of job satisfaction & job security in these worrying times.
The role – Community Living Assistant
Junction 52 is a day service where we support a number of customers on a daily basis to ensure that all health and emotional needs are met. We offer a wide range of therapeutic, educational, and recreational activities including our new digital hub which supports customers by providing access to new technologies such as VR, 3D Printing and immersive technologies with the aim of utilising them for new business.
We are currently looking to recruit Support Workers to join our team providing a safe, caring environment for customers with disabilities. You will provide personal care, and assist customers with aspects of their general welfare. You will be required to undertake a key working role and work with the Team Leaders to provide the best possible service. The role will also involve health related practices including administration of medication.
The above video explains it all – make yourself a cuppa and take a few minutes to see what we are all about.
What you need to know:
We have bank/relief hours available.
Location: Glasgow, G52 4BD
Hours: 8.45am – 3.15pm, Monday – Friday.
Don’t let concerns over experience or availability hold you back. We are happy to consider any availability – why not apply to see if we can work with yours!
Don’t drive? – don’t let that put you off, whilst we welcome applications from drivers, our roles are based at our hub or wider community (which has great transport links). If you do need to go out & about with our customer for that dinner and cinema trip, costs are covered at no expense to you!
If successful, you will register with the SSSC and will be supported by us to complete your SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
Capability Scotland’s benefits:
- A generous salary of £21,473 - £22,022 FTE / £10.56ph - £10.83ph (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £10.83ph for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 & 6 week rolling rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is a disability confident & equal opportunities employer. Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification or job requirement. At Capability Scotland we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification/requirement in the job description/advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Support Worker - Glasgow
How to apply
To apply for this position, simply upload your covering letter and CV below. Please supply these as either a PDF or Word doc.