Community Living Assistant - CLS Glasgow
Can you help us with our ongoing mission?
At Capability Scotland, our mission is to deliver the highest quality services, tailored to the individual needs of disabled people. We work in partnership to create innovative solutions which enable our people to achieve their goals. We put our customers and learners at the heart of everything we do and will make sure their voices are heard loud and clear.
We love what we do here and are looking to recruit Community Living Assistants for our West of Scotland Housing Support & Care at Home services based in Glasgow.
The role – Community Living Assistant
You will assist a young lady who has cerebral palsy and complex support needs, with her daily living routines, care needs and facilitating attendance at appointments. She enjoys pampering sessions and would like to explore the opportunity to participate in community activities and is looking for someone who shares these interests to support her.
Supporting her in her own home, in the east end of Glasgow, you will provide one-to-one care; your day will include helping her with medication, personal care, dressing, communication, mobility, mealtimes and participating in her chosen activities for that day.
This video explains all – make yourself a cuppa and take a few minutes to see what we are all about Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - Capability Scotland - Living their Best Lives - YouTube
What you need to know
Hours: 20-30 hours per week 10.30am – 8.30pm, 2-3 shifts per week.
Location: Customers own home in east end of Glasgow
Job Description: Community Living Assistant
Due to our customers request for support with personal hygiene care – this specific role is currently only open to female candidates.
Don’t let concerns over experience or availability hold you back. We have several growing services across Scotland and are happy to consider any availability – apply now and see if we can work with yours!
Due to our customers support needs, we are looking for applicants who can drive and are willing to drive our customers adapted vehicle.
Capability Scotland’s benefits:
- A generous salary of £22,164 - £22,734 FTE / £10.90ph - £11.18ph (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- Where nightshifts are available, we offer a generous rate of - £11.45 - £11.74 (dependent on qualifications and length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £11.18 per hour for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer a fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 and 6 weeks rolling or monthly rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days’ holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued, and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to apply to work with us.