Can you help us with our ongoing mission?
At Capability Scotland, our mission is to deliver the highest quality services, tailored to the individual needs of disabled people. We work in partnership to create innovative solutions which enable our people to achieve their goals. We put our customers and learners at the heart of everything we do and will make sure their voices are heard loud and clear.
We love what we do here and are looking to recruit individuals to join our team at Wallace Court.
The role – Support Worker
Wallace Court is a residential care home. Here you will assist customers with their daily living routines, care needs and facilitating their attendance at appointments, recreational activates & social events. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a skill or passion to share such as sports, music or photography – if you love it, this will shine through to the people you support, giving them a taste of new experiences whilst learning new skills.
What you need to know
Hours: Full time, part time and relief (overtime available). We provide care 24/7 and we seek applications from people with a flexible approach to working, working a mix of early and late shifts.
Location: PA5 9ES
Don’t let concerns over experience or availability hold you back. We have several growing services across Scotland and are happy to consider any availability – apply now and see if we can work with yours!
Capability Scotland’s benefits:
- A generous salary of £22,164 - £22,734 FTE / £10.90ph - £11.18ph (dependent on qualifications & length of service)
- Where nightshifts are available, we offer a generous rate of - £11.45 - £11.74 (dependent on qualifications and length of service)
- We recognise and reward qualified employees offering £11.18 per hour for those qualified at SVQ3 or above.
- To help you achieve this qualification, we offer fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Most services offer, set 2, 3, 4 & 6 week rolling rotas so you always know when you are working and can plan life outside of work.
- 32 days holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
- Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
- Fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
- Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
- Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
- Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now
Capability Scotland is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued, and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to apply to work with us.