Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to help care for Lorna who is based in Gretna. Lorna enjoys spiritual churches, going for healing, visiting the Garden Centre, shopping, the seaside, visiting friends and family, going to Annan Cinema. Lorna also loves a laugh and chat and likes baking and cooking with help.
Requires assistance getting dressed and ready to go out, help getting into her wheelchair, and assistance to get into her wheelchair vehicle. Personal Assistant will need to be able to drive Lornas's vehicle on her insurance policy.
- Clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle is essential. Applicant must be willing to drive Lorna’s vehicle when necessary.
- It is desirable that applicants have had previous experience in adult support services or care services, however, specific training can be sourced if the successful applicant has no previous experience in working in adult support services.
- Post is subject to a satisfactory PVG.
- Successful candidate must be willing to cover holidays and sickness also.
- Moving and Assisting experience required
Applying for this Role
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 07395794168 using reference RBLS1021.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.