Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
We are looking for two people, to each work 10 hours per week, to help support a couple in their 60’s who live near the centre of Langholm. The lady has Myalogic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.).
The husband, who is his wife’s main carer, has deteriorating health and requires help with tasks such as cleaning, laundry and food preparation.
This lady may be in bed some days due to her illness and on those days you would be required to ensure she is comfortable and has everything that she needs. She finds it difficult to concentrate and will often pass the time listening to audio books, watching TV and colouring in.
Working with this couple:
- £11.00 per hour
- 10 hours a week, spread across weekday mornings and/or afternoons
- Paid holiday entitlement
- The ideal candidates should be caring, patient, flexible, able to work on own initiative and understand the need for confidentiality.
- Due to the health conditions of the couple, they would prefer candidates that have had their Covid-19 Vaccinations or would be willing to get these.
- The posts are subject to a satisfactory PVG check.
Applying for this position:
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 07395794168 using reference PA060AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.