Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
We are looking for two people, to each work 10 hours per week, to help support a couple in their 60’s who live near the centre of Langholm.
The husband, who is his wife’s main carer, has deteriorating health and requires help with household tasks such as cleaning, laundry and food preparation.
Working with this couple:
- £12.00 per hour
- 10 hours a week, spread across weekday mornings and/or afternoons
- Paid holiday entitlement
- The ideal candidates should be caring, patient, flexible, able to work on own initiative and understand the need for confidentiality.
- Due to the health conditions of the couple, they would prefer candidates that have had their Covid-19 Vaccinations, be willing to wear appropriate PPE (such as aprons, gloves and masks) and take a lateral flow test on their days of work
- The posts are subject to a satisfactory PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) check.
Applying for this position:
Applying for this position is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about you, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 01387 403108 or 07395794168 using reference PA087AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.