We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
We are loking for a Personal Assistant to help care for Steven, who is 9 years old and based in Dumfries. The support required is to provide respite for 1 night per week for his parents. This will be a waking night as Steven has a tracheostomy and additional complex needs so needs constant supervision.
The support required is for a 12 hours from 8.00 pm to 8.00 am but night to be determined and will be discussed at interview.
Working with Steven:
- £10.50 per hour
- 12 hours per week (waking night)
- Experience with Tracheostomies an advantage but training can be sourced for the right person
- Ability to remain calm
- Good Communication
- Friendly and caring
- This post is subject to a satisfactory PVG Check
Applying to work with Steven:
Applying for this position is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Personal Assistant - Dumfries (Jan 23)
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 01387 403108 or 07395794168 using reference PA104AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
How to apply
To apply for this position, simply upload your covering letter and CV below. Please supply these as either a PDF or Word doc.