We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
Personal Care Assistant required for a young woman living in Langholm, to promote and enable independence by accessing local facilities including public transport and wider community activities in the spirit of social inclusion.
The position is for 12.5 hours per week, ideally over 2 days, but days and hours are negotiable. Flexibility would be an advantage.
Main duties include developing independence, taking the lady to weekly activities including horse riding, tennis and carriage driving.
Working with this young woman:
- £10.90 per hour
- 12.5 hours per week
- Successful applicant will be friendly, outward going, and flexible.
- Experience of working with individuals who have a learning disability would be an advantage, but training would be given to the right person.
- Own transport will be required.
- The position is subject to satisfactory references and Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland
Applying for this position:
Applying to join our family is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Personal Assistant - Langholm Update
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 01387403108 or 07395794168 using reference PA137AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.