Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to help support a couple in their 60’s who live near the centre of Langholm. The wife has several debilitating health conditions. The husband, who is his wife’s main carer, has deteriorating health and requires help with tasks such as cleaning, laundry, food preparation and collecting prescriptions.
The position is for 12 hours per week during the day on weekdays. There is scope to negotiate days and times, with one example being 9am – 1pm on three days.
Working with this couple:
- £13.00 per hour plus some travel time may be paid depending on location.
- 12 hours per week.
- Paid holiday entitlement.
- The ideal candidate should be caring, patient, flexible, able to work on their own initiative and understand the need for confidentiality.
- Due to the health conditions of the couple, they would prefer candidates who have had Covid-19 vaccinations and would be willing to get boosters and take regular Covid-19 tests.
- The post is subject to a satisfactory PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) check.
Applying for this position:
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 07395794168/01387403108 using reference PA140AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.