Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to help care for Yvonne who is based in Kirkcudbright. Yvonne enjoys watching the snooker and horseracing on the TV.
Yvonne has Type 1 Diabetes which means that it is important that she takes her medication with her meal at the same time each day. A successful candidate will be required to assist Yvonne at mealtimes to ensure that she is okay, she has a meal and that she has taken her medication that day.
Light assistance and prompting required with personal care also.
Working pattern is four hours over two days per week. Days are to be discussed and agreed with employer on a weekly basis however, shift times will always be set as 2.30pm - 6.30pm.
- Clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
- It is desirable that applicants have had previous experience in adult support services or care services, however, specific training can be sourced if the successful applicant has no previous experience in working in adult support services.
- It is important that the successful candidate/s are able to work as a team and communicate appropriate information to other PAs and parents as and when required.
- Post is subject to a satisfactory PVG.
- Successful candidate must be willing to cover holidays and sickness also.
Applying for this Role
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. We’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
For more information on this role, you can call Rebecca on 07395794174 using reference RBYS0623.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.