We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support Scott, who is based in Dumfries and is a young adult with autism for 6 hours per week. Ideally the family would like this to be on a Saturday but there is some flexibility for the Sunday if this is preferable.
The support will be for social support for Scott to attend activities such as swimming, bowling, cinema and going for walks in the countryside. There may be some personal care required. Scott is a tall lad for his age and due to his autism is unaware of the dangers around him when out so needs the 1-1 care to help keep him safe.
Scott’s interests include technology and music and he enjoys having a laugh and he is a tactile person.
Working with Scott:
- £10.90 per hour
- Experience with young adults with autism an advantage
- Own Transport and driving license essential
- 6 hours per week
- PVG required
Applying to work with Scott:
Applying to work with Scott is easy. At the bottom of this advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here:Job Description - SB Jan 24
For more information on this role, you can call Anne on 01387 403108 or 07395794168 using reference PA150AM.
- Please note that Capability Scotland is not the employer but is acting on our client’s behalf, who is the employer.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications if this is suitable for our client’s needs.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates on behalf of our client.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.