Activities4All can support children with additional support needs into any mainstream holiday club in Edinburgh of their choice.
With our team of experienced support workers, we can support your child to access activities they enjoy during the school holidays and ensure they are included in the mainstream club.
We will support staff in the club to gain knowledge and confidence to provide the right support for your child’s individual needs by providing training opportunities and strategies to support your child’s inclusion in the club.
Our team can source clubs in your local community or to suit your child’s particular needs, we can support you and your family to visit the service and make sure you are confident that your child can be supported during the holidays!
Edinburgh Childcare 4 All
Supporting Edinburgh’s mainstream childcare providers to include children with additional support needs within their provision.
Edinburgh Childcare 4 All supports mainstream childcare settings to develop their capacity to include children with additional support needs within their services and provision.
We can support:
- Registered mainstream childcare providers including out of school clubs, holiday clubs, private nurseries, partner provider nurseries, and playgroups
- Parents who require childcare to maintain work, training, or education
- Children with additional support needs.
This service is available to all mainstream childcare providers in Edinburgh who are registered with the Care Inspectorate.
Families looking to access mainstream childcare can also self-refer or be referred to the service by social workers, or health and education professionals
We hope our service will allow parents of children with additional support needs to return to or retain employment, training, or further education.
How can Childcare 4 All support you?
- Support Workers work with the child to encourage integration and confidence in their new childcare setting
- We support parents to develop confidence in mainstream childcare for their child
- We help childcare providers to create links with other professionals to ensure consistent care for the children we support.
We carry out the assessment, allocation and review of funding on behalf of the council when a child may require an extra member of staff to support their attendance.
We offer training in the skills and competencies required to include and support children with additional support needs for staff in mainstream childcare settings.